This year Rory McIlroy prioritized improvements to two parameters, including “distance to the hole after escaping rough”, and “put the ball within 2.4 meters”.

“With 60% of the fairway hits, that means the other 40% are inaccurate. And then, I have to get off the rough on the second. That’s a lot. This performance was lower last year than five. other “, McIlroy on January 20 shared with the media before the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship – the European Tour event started today 21/1.

McIlroy will compete in the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship from today January 21.  Photo: AP

McIlroy will compete in the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship from today January 21. Image: AP

McIlroy first competed in this competition in 2008 and finished T11. In the next nine times, he finished second, three times to finish third and once closed the top 5. But he could not win. Three years ago, the Northern Ireland golfer born in 1989 prioritized the PGA Tour.

The US arena this season starts from September 2020. McIlroy went through four events and ranked 250th in terms of distance to the pit after exiting rough (PTH): from rough, 18.6 meters on average. This technical side last season, starting from September 2019, he ranked 153, with an average distance of 14 meters. When receiving the title of “Excellent Golfer” a month earlier, McIlroy ranked 23, averaging 12.5 meters.

Currently, McIlroy is not clear how to improve PTH. “It is hard because who will go to the practice area and get out of the rough ever? Moreover, on the training ground, you hit on the perfectly trimmed grass so the ball is sweet. And on the field, it’s not like that,” McIlroy said area.

Although difficult, McIlroy still has to deal with if it wants to add the title, as PTH is related to the second goal: improving putting performance – putting in the range of 1.2-2.4 meters. Last season, McIlroy ranked 148 with a drop rate of 64% – worst since 2011 and last season 14th with a rate of 73%. He has not been a champion for 15 months with the latest victory in November 2019 – WGC – HSBC Champions in Shanghai. McIlroy has held the number 1 position in the world (OWGR) for a total of 106 weeks.

Yesterday, he shared more information about Tiger Woods’ spinal disc microsurgery. He said Woods went to the operating table on December 23 and went on his own the next day.

“From Tiger’s words, it was a small operation. The next day, he walked on his own. I think the doctors were just cleaning up the injury. Of course he won’t fight for the next few months but probably will. Coming back at Masters “, McIlroy updated the persistent injury story with predictions of the American superstar’s match schedule.

Notah Begay – former PGA Tour player is currently commenting Golf Channel – has been friends with Woods for a long time. Begay said Woods recovered quickly. “I exchanged text messages with Tiger and knew he was on the pitch lightly. He wanted to get the feel of the ball. And the surgery was very successful,” Begay said. Golfweek on January 19.

Quoc Huy synthetic


  More information  

The 12bet dealer gives away 577 KS for free when participating in sports betting games, online casino gambling, lottery, lottery, … for real money. Winning will be withdrawn directly in cash and transferred to major bank accounts

Link 12bet registration receive 577 KS free

Link 1Link 2Link 3